Summer in Florida is in full swing and it’s likely that you may try to beat the heat by taking a refreshing dip in your pool. Maybe you are hosting gatherings with friends and family. Whatever the case, your floors are becoming exposed to moisture and stains. JC Floors Plus provides water-resistant flooring solutions that will give you an ease of mind for rooms in your home that are frequently exposed to moisture and liquid, including kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms.
Water-resistant flooring installed around your front or back doors can diminish potential problems that arise from entering with wet feet while swimming or during a rainstorm. The following are a few benefits of taking away the stress from having to worry about water damage in high traffic areas of your home:
- Easy cleaning. Cleaning stains and spills off of hardwood and carpet can be a difficult task. Just the clean-up time itself can last for hours and may even require special equipment. However, clean-up with water-resistant flooring only requires an easy wipe down with a paper towel or damp washcloth. Larger messes or deeper cleans can be accomplished with a small amount of liquid dish soap or a non-abrasive cleaner. You can save money by canceling your yearly cleanings with the professionals because water-resistant flooring only requires weekly mopping to stay in good shape.
- Durability. Water-resistant flooring will stand up to the wear and tear in your home for years to come. Unlike floors that require regular maintenance and costly upkeep, water-resistant floors are especially durable. Water resistant floors won’t need to be replaced every several years like with carpet and are not prone to aging over time like with hardwood.
- Mold and mildew protection. Soft flooring, such as carpet, can harbor mold and mildew since moisture is easily trapped beneath the surface without any way to escape. This can be especially problematic for allergy sufferers or people with conditions like asthma. Water-resistant floors eliminate this potential hazard by not allowing moisture to accumulate under the surface. Puddles and spills can be easily cleaned up before mold and mildew have the chance to form which also prevents the unpleasant musty odors that carpeted homeowners know all too well.
- Stylish aesthetic. Water resistant flooring includes several different types, including tile, natural stone and laminate, which means you won’t be limited at all in terms of design and style. You can still achieve a variety of aesthetics without compromising quality. For example, instead of installing hardwood floors in your kitchen, you can opt for a water-resistant wood-polymer composite in a similar style and color.
- Kid and pet safe. Since water-resistant floors are easy to clean, you won’t need to worry about pet accidents settling in and causing stains. The durability of water-resistant flooring also means it can stand up to everyday spills and drops that can occur during regular playtime.
Types of Water-Resistant Flooring
Water-resistant floors fall into a broad category including several different flooring types, all with remarkable durability, low maintenance requirements and more.
- Wood-Polymer Composite. WPC vinyl is the newest technology to arrive in the engineered vinyl flooring market. This wood flooring alternative gives you that rich, sought-after, expensive wood look while still including high-quality visuals and extreme durability. WPC vinyl plank flooring is available in a range of beautiful colors and textures, and some even come with an attached underlayment. WPC 100% waterproof flooring is typically comprised of 4 thick wear layers for optimal scratch protection. It is more resilient and comfortable than ceramic tile, so you can still achieve a wood or stone look tile that is also waterproof. The top-end vinyl floors are able to more realistically mimic natural materials to look incredibly convincing and beautiful. Another plus with waterproof luxury vinyl plank is that oftentimes you won’t have to spend a bunch of money leveling the subfloor beforehand because it is so thick and durable.
- Stone-Polymer Composite. SPC flooring is sometimes referred to as Rigid Core luxury flooring because the stone-plastic composite core is ultra-dense. In the industry it’s also known as engineered vinyl flooring as it is with WPC floors. Known for being 100% waterproof with unparalleled durability, these planks use advanced technologies to beautifully mimic natural wood and stone at a lower price point. The rigid core makes this a virtually indestructible option, making it an ideal choice for high-traffic and commercial environments.
- Waterproof Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Flooring. These types of floors are more commonly used in bathrooms, due to how the tile is constructed. The tiles top surface is made of a durable glaze that will not let any liquids seep through. Tile comes in many different and attractive looks such as mosaic and other decorative styles. Some of the more popular options mimic stone and wood, offering a convincing alternative to the real deal expensive stuff. Ceramic and porcelain tiles are virtually impenetrable and will not let liquids soak in, allowing for easy maintenance and worry-free cleaning. Tile is known for being one of the most durable flooring options in the market, making it suitable for commercial spaces as well. No maintenance is needed, the occasional vacuum and damp mop will keep your tile looking fabulous.
While it is always smart to be cognizant of cleaning up spills within a reasonable amount of time, purchasing a waterproof floor can ease that stress and ensure that all will be okay. Contact JC Floors today to order some samples and find out which type of waterproof floor option is right for you.