Royal Chateau by Fortem Floors
The Fortem Royal Chateau is a beautiful large-format waterproof SPC floor collection. SPC floors are stronger, denser and more durable than other floors. Because these floors are 100% waterproof, they won’t swell, peel or buckle. They can be installed on wet areas like bathrooms, laundry rooms and kitchens. Because these floors do not expand or contract like laminates, there’s no need for transition moldings between rooms. This product is rated for On Grade, Above and Below Grade installations.
The floors of this collection come with an ultra-wide (9 inch) and long (60 inches) plank. Each plank of this floor is enhanced with a soft and natural texture that is synchronized to the high definition film. This process known as “Embossed in Register” or EIR, makes your floors look and feel like an actual hardwood floor. The beautiful texture of the planks is protected by a 20 mil wear layer with a ceramic bead finish. This layer acts as a shield that protects the looks of your floors over time from scarring, scratching and even discoloration. It also provides superior stain resistance and easier cleanability. These floors are rated for both residential and commercial applications.
Unlike cheap vinyl and laminate floors, our SPC floors are 100% free of phthalates and formaldehyde, so you can experience the bliss of cleaner indoor air. And thanks to our patented, last generation UNIPUSH click system by UNILIN, our floors can be easily installed by anyone without the need of fancy tools or equipment.
Waterproof floors are extremely durable under normal use. The single greatest cause of damage to any flooring or floor finish is abrasion from dirt and grit. To maintain clean use a dust mop, soft bristle broom or a vacuum cleaner with suction only (no beater bar or with the beater bar disengaged) to remove dust, dirt and loose particulate on a regular basis. Wherever possible, use walk off mats at entrances and doorways. Use non-staining floor protectors under heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
For slightly damp cleaning, mop the floor with a cotton, terrycloth, or microfiber mop. You can use a properly diluted Neutral pH cleaner in cool water or a ready to use spray cleaner that will not leave a residue such as Bona Professional Series Stone, Tile, and Laminate Cleaner.
- Carefully remove stubborn stains (like paint, oil, tar, or markers) with mineral spirits. NOTE: Read next.
- Different floors react in different ways, so before using any type of cleaner that is not recommended by the manufacturer (including mineral spirits and acetone-based fingernail polish remover) do a test on a concealed area to check if it damages the finish.
- Use ice to harden tough substances like wax or chewing gum, and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper or a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the surface and wipe the area clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
- Invest in high-quality floor mats and protective pads under heavy furniture for an extra layer of protection for your floors.
- Place floor mats at entrances and exits—they collect and trap corrosive substances that can be tracked in, like dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, or even driveway sealer. Placing mats in high-traffic areas—in front of vanities, kitchen sinks, and stoves—is also an effective way to reduce wear.
- Wax, polish, oils, soaps, detergents, shine enhancers, or varnish shouldn’t be used on waterproof floors unless deemed safe by the manufacturer.
- Applying cleaner directly to the surface of the laminate can cause staining. Make sure to spray it on a cleaning cloth or damp mop first and then proceed to clean your floors.
- Avoid cleaning machines like spray mops, steam cleaners or mops, or power washers.
All images are representative of a product’s potential characteristics and are only meant to provide an overall look of the product. Because colors vary on different screens, we do not guarantee that these images will 100% match the actual product. Waterproof floor planks can be subject to color or shade variation, surface texture and finish.
Always follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the floor. You will find these instruction within each carton. An underlayment or padding may be necessary when installing waterproof floors. Always leave an expansion gap of at least 1/4 inch, between the floor planks and any wall or baseboard. No claims will be considered when the product is installed without an expansion gap around the whole perimeter of the floor. We strongly recommend the use of a self-leveling material on the sub-floor before installation to guarantee a proper job. Any bump, hole or difference in level in the sub-floor can cause the floor planks to give in or break at the joints.
Prior to installation, the flooring professional must blend planks from several different boxes to achieve an even distribution of the color range, and to avoid or minimize pattern repetition. The installer should conduct a dry mock layout under proper lighting conditions prior to installation. It is the consumer’s responsibility to inspect the product prior to installation to ensure satisfaction. No claims citing factory defects will be considered once the floor is installed.
We reserve the right to make changes to product specifications at any time without prior notice.