Casona Gris 8 x 48
Porcelain Wood Tile Made in Spain
The Casona Gris 8 x 48 wood-looking porcelain tile comes with a beautiful, slightly-textured matte finish that provides an amazing real wood look and feel. These large format tiles come with rectified edges to minimize grout lines up to 1/16th of an inch. Designed and manufactured in Spain by Cifre Ceramica under strict quality controls that significantly reduce the bowing rate that is inherent to porcelain tile manufacturing. With a PEI Class IV rating, this floor is more than adequate for high traffic areas in residential applications, and recommended for commercial settings.
The rectified edges provide an even surface look on the joints or grout lines. The manufacturer recommends installing the tiles with 1/8th of an inch grout line. A smaller grout line can be achieved with minimal “lippage” with a leveling-spacers installation system. The manufacturer also recommends installing the planks with an offset of 25% or less to minimize the bowing ratio. A 15-20% offset is optimal to achieve a real hardwood pattern. You can achieve regular staggered patterns or herringbone patterns with this product. Never install porcelain tiles on a “brick pattern” or 50% offset pattern.
- Each porcelain tile plank is approximately 8 by 48 inches or exactly 20 by 120 centimeters.
- Each box contains 5 tiles for a total coverage of 12.92 sq ft and weighs 68.30 lbs.
- There are 36 boxes and 465.12 square feet per pallet. Each pallet weighs approximately 2500 lbs.
- Rectified edges provide an even surface look on the joints or grout lines.
- These tiles come with a slightly textured matte finish.
- The color variation from tile to tile is slightly noticeable.
- Excellent for high traffic areas for residential purposes. Suitable for normal traffic areas in commercial settings.
- This porcelain tile is frost resistance and comes with a slight texture that allows for outdoor applications.
- Do not install in brick pattern or 50% offset. Doing so will accentuate the bowing that is inherent to tile manufacturing.
- When installing this tile floor, a minimal grout line of 1/8 in. is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Doing a 1/16 in. grout line or smaller can cause some unevenness or “lippage” between tiles if not done properly.
- Can be installed using multi-purpose thin-set or regular mortar.