Chateau Tobacco 6 x 40
Porcelain Wood Tile Made in Brazil
The Chateau Tobacco 6 x 40 is a rectified porcelain tile that comes with a super realistic wood look. The high definition print on each tile provides a high-character distressed and time-worn wood texture. The rectified edges allow for minimal grout lines and to provide and even and modern surface look. This collection is designed and manufactured in Brazil by Itagres under the highest quality standards. Itagres tiles go through extensive testing to guarantee consistency and to prevent most of the problems that are inherent to porcelain tiles of lower quality like excessive bowing, discoloration and breaks.
In terms of durability, this is a great tile. With a PEI Class IV rating, this floor is more than adequate for high traffic areas in residential applications, and is suitable for commercial settings. The manufacturer recommends installing the tiles with at least 1/8th of inch grout line. A smaller grout line (i.e. 1/16th in.) can be achieved with a leveling-spacer installation system such as our LASH system. These porcelain tiles can be installed on a variety of layouts, including straight, diagonal and even herringbone pattern. Never install porcelain tiles on a “brick pattern” or 50% offset pattern, doing so will accentuate the “bowing” effect of the porcelain tiles. For more information about this product please Contact Us.
- Each tile is approximately 6-1/4 by 40 inches or exactly 16 by 100 centimeters.
- Each box contains 7 tiles for a total coverage of 12.16 sq ft and weighs 59 lbs.
- There are 42 boxes and 510.85 square feet per pallet. Each pallet weighs approximately 2460 lbs.
- Rectified edges help minimize grout lines and provide and even surface look.
- These tiles come with a beautifully realistic wood texture.
- The high definition print on each tile provides a high-character distressed and time-worn wood look.
- The color variation from tile to tile is very noticeable (V4).
- Excellent for high traffic areas for residential purposes. Suitable for regular traffic areas in commercial settings.
- This tile is frost resistance that allows for covered outdoor applications.
- Do not install in brick pattern or 50% offset. Doing so will accentuate the bowing that is inherent to tile manufacturing.
- When installing this floor, a minimal grout line of 1/8 in. is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Doing a 1/16 in. grout line or smaller can cause some unevenness or “lippage” between tiles if not done properly.
- The manufacturer recommends using a multi-purpose polymer-based thin-set. A type-s mortar may be necessary for significantly unleveled sub-floors.