Kauri Awanui Polished 8 x 48
Porcelain Wood Look Tile Made in Italy
The Kauri Awanui Polished 8 x 48 Porcelain Wood Look Tile comes in a beautiful textured matte finish, as well as a perfectly polished surface finish. The extra wide and long planks can provide a series of modern patterns that will make any room look amazing. Designed and manufactured in Italy by La Fabbrica under strict quality controls that significantly reduce the bowing rate that is inherent to porcelain tile manufacturing. This floor is more than adequate for high traffic areas in residential applications, and even on commercial settings. This tile comes with rectified edges to provide an even surface look on the joints or grout lines. The manufacturer recommends installing the planks with an offset of 25% or less to minimize the bowing ratio. A 15-20% offset is optimal to achieve a real hardwood pattern. You can achieve regular staggered patterns or herringbone patterns with this product.
This collection is inspired by New Zealand’s Kauri Wood, one of the most exclusive woods in the world. This wood it’s obtained from trees buried underground for more than 50,000 years that have been preserved by layers of sediments on top of them. These trees may have fallen due to cataclysmic events that took place millenniums ago and are yet unexplained due to the estrange conditions of the sites where they are found. There’s no doubt that these trees hold a sense of beauty and historic uniqueness to them.
- Each plank is 8 inches wide and 48 inches long.
- Each box contains 5 tiles for a total coverage of 12.92 sq ft and weighs 61.38 lbs.
- There are 42 boxes and 542.64 square feet per pallet. Each pallet weighs approximately 2580 lbs.
- Rectified edges provide an even surface look on the joints or grout lines.
- These tiles come with a beautifully polished, mirror like finish.
- The variation from plank to plank is extremely visible.
- Excellent for high traffic areas for residential purposes. Suitable for high traffic areas in commercial settings.
- This tile is frost resistance. A maximum offset of 25% is recommended by the manufacturer. Do not install in brick pattern or 50% offset.
- When installing this floor, a minimal grout line of 1/8 in. is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Doing a 1/16 in. grout line or smaller can cause some unevenness or lippage between tiles if not done properly.
- Can be installed using multi-purpose thin-set or regular mortar.