Lakeland Taupe 6 x 36
Porcelain Wood Look Tile Made in Spain
The Lakeland Taupe 6 x 36 is a wood-looking porcelain tile made in Spain. This beautiful tiles come with a true-to-nature textured finish that accurately simulates a natural wood floor. The non-rectified or pressed edges simulate a distinctive hardwood look; and the soft matte finish feels real to the touch. The Lakeland series, designed and manufactured in Spain by Alaplana Ceramica is subject to strict quality standards to make sure the tiles are free of defects and are consistent in size and tonality. Alaplana’s products go through several inspections and quality controls to make sure that each tile surpasses the industry standards. The Lakeland porcelain tiles are more than adequate for high traffic areas in residential applications, and moderate traffic in commercial settings.
- Each plank is approximately 6 by 36 inches or exactly 15 by 90 centimeters.
- Each box contains 9 planks for a total coverage of 13.08 sq ft and weighs 52 lbs.
- There are 48 boxes (627.84 square feet) per pallet. Each pallet weighs approximately 2550 lbs.
- Non-rectified edges provide a distinctive hardwood floor look.
- These tiles come with a soft matte and textured finish that simulates a distressed hardwood floor.
- The color variation from tile to tile is somewhat noticeable (V3).
- Excellent for high traffic areas for residential purposes and moderate traffic areas in commercial settings.
- This tile is frost resistance and allows for covered outdoor applications.
- Do not install in brick pattern or 50% offset. Doing so will accentuate the bowing effect that is inherent to tile manufacturing.
- When installing this floor, a minimal grout line of 1/8 in (3 mm) is recommended by the manufacturer.
- A smaller 1/16 in grout line can be done but doing so can cause some unevenness or “lippage” between tiles if not done properly.
- The use of a leveling tile spacer system is highly recommended when installing plank tiles.
- The use of a multi-purpose polymer modified thin-set mortar is recommended for these porcelain tiles.