Oxford Perla 9 x 36
Porcelain Wood Tile Made in Spain
The Oxford Perla 9 x 36 wood-looking porcelain tile comes with a beautiful, smooth matte finish that accurately simulates a natural oak wood texture. These tiles come with non-rectified or pressed edges to simulate a real hardwood plank look. Even with non-rectified edges, these planks allow for minimal grout lines of up to 1/16th of an inch (about 2 mm.). This porcelain tile collection is designed and manufactured in Spain by Cifre Ceramica under the absolute highest quality standards. Their tiles go through extensive testing to significantly reduce the bowing rate that is inherent to porcelain tile manufacturing. With a PEI Class IV rating, this floor is more than adequate for high traffic areas in residential applications, and recommended for commercial settings.
The non-rectified edges provide a realistic hardwood floor surface look. The manufacturer recommends installing the tiles with 1/8th of an inch grout line. A smaller grout line can be achieved with minimal “lippage” using a leveling-spacer installation system. The manufacturer also recommends installing the planks with an offset of 25% or less to minimize the bowing ratio. A 15-20% offset is optimal to achieve a real hardwood pattern. You can achieve regular staggered patterns or herringbone patterns with this product. Never install porcelain tiles on a “brick pattern” or 50% offset pattern.
- Each tile is approximately 9 by 36 inches or exactly 22.5 by 90 centimeters.
- Each box contains 6 tiles for a total coverage of 13.13 sq ft and weighs 57.98 lbs.
- There are 48 boxes and 630.24 square feet per pallet. Each pallet weighs approximately 2800 lbs.
- Non-rectified edges provide a realistic hardwood floor look.
- These wood-looking porcelain tiles come with a beautiful, smooth matte finish that accurately simulates a natural oak wood texture.
- The color variation from tile to tile is slightly noticeable (V2).
- Excellent for high traffic areas for residential purposes. Suitable for normal traffic areas in commercial settings.
- This tile is frost resistance that allows for outdoor applications.
- Do not install in brick pattern or 50% offset. Doing so will accentuate the bowing that is inherent to tile manufacturing.
- When installing this floor, a minimal grout line of 1/8 in. is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Doing a 1/16 in. grout line or smaller can cause some unevenness or “lippage” between tiles if not done properly.
- Can be installed using multi-purpose thin-set or regular mortar.