Fortem Urban Chalet Boulderpeak
6.5 mm Waterproof Composite Floor
The Fortem Urban Chalet Boulderpeak is a gorgeously contemporary 6.5 mm thick and large-format Engineered Waterproof Floor. This collection comes in a beautiful large plank format. It features contemporary shades and a genuine plain sawn wood pattern that showcases the authentic-looking “flames” wood-grain. Additionally, the ultra wide 9 inch, and super long 5 foot planks (60 inches) will modernize the look of any space.
Each plank of this 100% waterproof floor is enhanced with a soft and realistic texture that is synchronized to the high definition wood-grain film. This process known as “Embossed in Register” or EIR, makes your floors look and feel like an actual hardwood floor. The beautiful texture of the planks is protected by a Ceramic Bead-finished 20 mil wear layer. This layer acts as a shield that protects the looks of your floors over time from scarring, scratching and even discoloration. It also provides superior stain resistance and easier cleanability. These floors are rated for both residential and commercial applications.
Because these floors are 100% waterproof, they won’t swell, peel or buckle. They can be installed on wet areas like bathrooms. They can also be used where water may present a problem in case of a leak, like the kitchen or the laundry room. Because these floors do not expand or contract like laminates, there’s no need for unsightly transition moldings between rooms. And since this product is rated for On Grade, Above and Below Grade installations, it can be used anywhere in your home, including the basement.
Unlike cheap vinyl and laminate floors, composite floors are 100% free of phthalates and formaldehyde. They are certified by FloorScore® so you can experience the bliss of cleaner air indoor. And thanks to the patented, last generation 5G® Locking System from Välinge, these floors can be easily installed by anyone without the need of fancy tools or equipment.
- These planks have an overall thickness of 6.5 mm (about 1/4 in.)
- The Fortem Urban Chalet Boulderpeak comes with the TexTRUE© ultra-realistic texture.
- Each plank measures around 9 inches wide by 60 inches long.
- One box contains 5 planks, enough to cover 18.62 sq ft. Each carton weighs approximately 33.50 lbs.
- There are 64 cartons on a pallet, which equals to 1191.68 square feet. A full pallet weighs 2150 lbs.
- Each plank comes with authentic-looking micro-beveled edges on all 4 sides.
- These floors features a 20 mil wear layer with Ceramic Bead finish, which makes it perfect for high traffic areas in residential and suitable for commercial applications.
- These engineered composite floors are 100% free of phthalates and FloorScore® certified for cleaner air indoor.
- The engineered composite core offers sound reduction in both the IIC (Impact Sound Insulation), and the STC (Airborne Sound Transmission).
- Thanks to the patented Välinge 5G® Locking System, these floors can be easily installed by anyone without the need of fancy tools or equipment.
- These floors won’t swell, nor get damaged when exposed to water. They can be installed On, Above, or Below Grade Level.
- Because its a completely rigid product, it wont “telegraph” imperfections or deform in the form of “waves” like other vinyl flooring products.
- The use of a dense and stable underlayment is required when doing a floating installation (recommended).
- Please refer to the installation guide on the manufacturer’s support page.
- This product comes with a Lifetime Limited Residential Warranty and a 10 Year Limited Commercial Warranty.